Aug 032012

One of the other issues I’ve had with integrating OneClick with Business Objects is this error :

Error importing SRM content: Required dependencies not found on target system : [AQuGhZ2EfP1NkSXoQTUcKz0, AQck.q67O5dHtfsJTBBtsU0]

To fix this error, I had to set a system variable for JAVA_HOME via System Properties -> Advanced Tab -> Environment Variables. The JAVA_HOME variable should be pointing to the built in JDK, normally the path is C:\Program Files\SC\CommonReporting3\javasdk but this will need to suit your environment.

Once the variable has been set, you will need the install media to run the biconfig.bat file.
The file is located in the directory Disk1\cabi\biconfig on the install media.

Once you have changed into that directory, run this command replacing the parameters with one suited to your environment.
biconfig.bat -h “BOXI hostname" -u "Administrator" -p “admin password" -f “CABI install media directory\Disk1\cabi\content\cabi_default_groups.xml" -if “CABI install media directory\Disk1\cabi\content\ CABI_DefaultGroups.biar”

After this has been run, the integration should now work.

Jul 312012

I was having some issues trying to integrate CA Spectrum with CA Business Intelligence after I removed it and re-installed it onto my server.
I was getting an issue similar to this –

Error importing SRM Content: Unable to find servers with kind fileserver

Error importing SRM Content: Unable to find servers with kind fileserver

After having a look around, it seemed that after I reinstalled CA Business Intelligence, the servers within Business Objects were not enabled.
The server responsible for the Integration was the Input File Repository Server. When that was disabled, the Integration did not work. After that was enabled, I was able to integrate Spectrum with Business Objects.

To enable the servers, you need to access the BusinessObjects Central Management Console (CMC), click on Servers under the Organize heading, and make sure the servers are enabled there.

Jul 302012

I recently had some issues with CA’s Business Intelligence, and had to uninstall it. However the uninstaller from Add/Remove programs did not remove it completely.
When I went to re-install CABI, it did not install it properly due to left over bits and pieces that did not get removed.

After some muddling about with CA, I managed to remove it properly and reinstall CABI.
The following steps should uninstall it without anything remaining to cause issues.

  1. Uninstall CABI from Add/Remove Programs
  2. Delete the CommonReporting3 directory from the install drive
  3. Run this command – msiexec /x {5418F914-1D31-4849-822C-314AC28B06BF}
  4. Delete the following registry entries
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates\Shared\CommonReporting3
    • HKCU\Software\Business Objects
    • HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Business Objects
    • HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BOE120SIA
    • HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BOE120MySQL
    • HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BOE120Tomcat
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\BOE120SIA
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\BOE120Tomcat
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5418F914-1D31-4849-822C-314AC28B06BF}

After removing all of those things, I could install CABI properly.